This article is for information only and doesn't call for any action.
My husband and I love to eat fish in restaurants. We were in many countries and ate in different restaurants. There have never been any problems.
Once we were in Spain and decided to eat a local delicacy - sea ducks. At night, my husband was not well. We called an ambulance and took her husband to the hospital. The doctor said that her husband has gastritis. Below I will tell in more detail what I learned about gastritis.
Possible causes of Gastritis
Gastritis can be caused by irritation due to excessive alcohol use, chronic vomiting, stress, or the use of certain medicationssuch as aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs. It may also be caused by any of the following:
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori): A bacteria that lives in the mucous lining of the stomach; without treatment, the infection can lead to ulcers, and in some people, stomach cancer.
- Bile reflux: A backflow of bile into the stomach from the bile tract (that connects to the liver and gallbladder)
- Infections caused by bacteria and viruses
Possible symptoms of Gastritis
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are no symptoms. However, the most common symptoms may include:
- Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting blood or coffee ground-like material
- Black, tarry stools